The Task: We needed to replace an out of date, difficult to use website with one that solved the problems of its predecessors whilst expanding the site's feature set.
We began with the collection of information. We needed to get a breakdown of what the site currently does, how often it gets an update, how frequently the content is updated, how long that takes for people to do, how many people could use the system, what features the site was missing, and what features the site should have.
We took all of that information and put together a proposal for a new system. Once agreed to, we begin, as always, with a sitemap. We knew which parts of the site we wanted people to visit and utilise most, and we knew what outcomes we were trying to achieve. With that in mind, we put together a sitemap that would be easy to navigate whilst still allowing the client to have as much information on the site as possible.
With an existing site already in place, we just had to shepherd the information from the old site to the new site, analysing it along the way to ensure that each page would meet SEO standards and be beneficial to the site and visitors.
We made sure to integrate an ecommerce solution into the site; customising it, and integrating it thoroughly to ensure that users could easily use and access merchandise easily.